Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's Coming & Where Are You Staying ?
From Melissa:
Thank you everyone for being so patient. I looked at 4 parks in the area and this one ticked all of the boxes.

The 2009 Bus Stop is to be held at Rainbow Beach Holiday Village -Bonny Hills. Good Friday is 10th April 2009. A booking has been made and I have told them to expect about 50 Kombis. They have a fantastic location, next to the beach with lots of family friendly facilities. One of the best things about this park is that it has a function room that they have agreed to let us have from the Saturday morning (it was already booked Friday night) until Monday night. The charge for this function room is being paid for by The Bus Stop as our major sponsor so a huge thanks to Roy for agreeing to pay for that. As we all know, a meeting place of a night is important for our trivia and awards and..... fancy dress!!! Slight change of plan - the park has informed me that the function room was booked Saturday night as well but they have organised for us to have the Surf Club for the Saturday night which is only a 5-10 minute walk from the park, fitting really that we have a Hawaiian night right on the beach!!!
The caravan park's website is :
http://www.holidayvillages.com.au/HVrainbow-beach/home/index.html

Please call them and book your site or cabin as soon as possible. I have already booked mine and make sure you say you are from The Kombi Club so we can be put together. A powered site is $44 per night. The cabins vary in prices due to luxury or how many people they hold. 

I encourage everyone to stay the Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday nights and depart Tuesday - ESPECIALLY if you are coming from the South. The traffic at Hexam is awful on the Monday and you will defintely be better staying until the Tuesday morning.

The park layout:
http://www.holidayvillages.com.au/HVrainbow-beach/pictures/rb-parkmap.JPG

One of the activities planned will be a MiniGolf tournament at the Caravan Park!! 

Of course we will be having the Pullback and Remote Control Grand Prix - handled by our resident race king - Alpal, so get those models revved and ready.

We have had crazy hat night and mask night - 2009 is Hawaiian Night - so get the grass skirts, hawaiian shirts and leis out peoples - coconut bras optional!!! 

The contact number for the Park is : 1800 045 520 Toll Free

From StevieVW:
Quote:Well, let's keep a track of who's coming and what site/cabin you in? I'll be booking tomorrow. So lets get it rolling as soon as you book. And we'll see who's where!

26  Stormtrooper Royce, Andrew and family
29  greenbay77 Jay,Neen,Ella(3)and maybe Sam and or Scott(17&15)
31 Douggieboy & KiwiDoc Doug & Dale
32  Solar Steve Stephen, Annette, Elsa and Xavier
33  greenbay77's outlaws Les and Ann (outlaws)
37 Christine & John
38  Alpal and Pussycat Alan & Carol
40  dan b Dan and Mel
41  marcus Mark and Mel
42  Dingostrategy Dingo
44  trevendy Trevor & Wendy from Tamworth
46  Roy Roy
47  crave Christian, Lisa & the two rugrats
48  crave's friends
54  Kombi of Hope Megan's crew
55  Kombi of Hope Verity, Ian and their two mad kids 
56  emby Matt, Jo and our young 'un Alex
57  The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Judy & Mick
59  the invisible smith Craig
61  BargeArse Julian and Daisy
63  Kombigal and Daisy Jules and Jacqui
77  minniemum Anna, Jen and twin ferals (Macey and Ollie)
79  MCC Trevor & Wendy with Antonia & Cooper
80  Chopper Mr & Mrs Chopper
83  Mish13 Michelle & Adrian
84  ruby6689 Lorraine & Andy
85  Archeress + Raven Kelly + Celia
102 Frankie Prue (pilot) and Helen (navigator).
103 vw-mike-1 Michael

Cabin 30  Melissa Melissa & Scott + 3 kids

?? Cabbage
?? Kyznet Kyra, Reece & 3 Ferals 
?? Rocky Kate and Chris
?? understanding _mercury and StevieVW Amanda and Stevie

If you let me know your REAL name I'll add your name. When you get your site number(for those without them) let me know and I'll swap them for the "??"

Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light