Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kombi Spotting
(24-07-2022, 10:37 AM)Ninga Wrote: The Royal Hotel, Tumut is about to celebrate 150 years so they’re sharing historical photos. This one was my favourite.  Wink

Didn't know you liked Ford Prefects.  Big Grin
PR
(24-07-2022, 01:58 PM)KIWI Wrote: Didn't know you liked Ford Prefects.  Big Grin
PR

Haha! Oh yes, I love them.  Tongue
Vera - ‘75 Bay  
Mindil Markets

Club member Mark making a dash for a pie . Newcastle

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

We had to go to Albury yesterday and had just enough time in the afternoon to go and check out the Bandiana Army Museum. I had never heard of it before but what a wonderful discovery! The only unfortunate thing was that we got there an hour before closing time and it wasn’t nearly enough time to take it all in. The displays are really interesting and well put together. There is just so much to look at and they also have a huge display of defence vehicles with descriptions of where and how they were used, including the war horse pictured below.  Wink

I would include more photos but I don’t want to spoil it just in case you get the opportunity to see it for yourself. The kids loved it and the Warrant Officer on duty came over to gift the kids with a ‘FRED’ which is a Field Ration Eating Device, which they thought was pretty special. 

It was hard to get a good picture of the print on the glovebox due to the glare on the window but ‘MAX SPEED 100KM/H’ felt rather familiar.  Big Grin

Vera - ‘75 Bay  
As an avid reader of Australian Muscle Car I'm always happy when I spot a VW. 
This is a shot of Amaroo Park in the 70s.

Some great vehicles in that pic  Cool
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
We also used kombis in the early days in the RAAF.  Below is a picture I took in Vietnam in 1970.

Exmouth WA...not too many seen this far north.

62 Beetle, 74 Kombi, 60 Karmann Ghia,  06 Jetta, 16 Amarok
(31-07-2022, 12:50 PM)Busso Bus Wrote: Exmouth WA...not too many seen this far north.

You had a couple of T3s up there last year. Kendall and Glenn on YouTube worked at the caravan park. Think they might even be back up there now.