Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kombi Spotting
On tv last night...the Richard Williams story (Father of tennis stars Venus and Serena ).
The girls were driven around in the family vehicle, during their teenage years, in a two tone Late Bay....white over red.

No wonder they went on to achieve greatness !!
.....and is it purely coincidence that Venus Williams' initials are VW, or divine intervention..........?
Tongue
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(12-01-2024, 07:04 AM)Oldman Wrote: On tv last night...the Richard Williams story (Father of tennis stars Venus and Serena ).
The girls were driven around in the family vehicle, during their teenage years, in a two tone Late Bay....white over red.

No wonder they went on to achieve greatness !!
.....and is it purely coincidence that Venus Williams' initials are VW, or divine intervention..........?
Tongue

Define intervention I reckon .good things and happiness comes when u own a vw .( hahaha)
For your interest...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-01-13/v.../103299690
Greg

’71 Westfalia, Annie
’91 Caravelle GL, Lucy
Слава Україні
I didn’t expect an answer, because I spoke in Spaniel, which is understood only by spaniels.
Hi wirrah, great story, don't know of any other make or brand that has the same following that the VWs have.
Our bus made its first trip down the highway to Nimbin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Gonna have to see this one !!

https://www.unitedcinemas.com.au/avalon/...tdWzYrCLnY

....anyone we know ?
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Definitely!!
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
Spotted this Qld plated one in Bonython ACT today.

The driver was also happy to be spotted, as he spotted me in his mirrors well down the road as I was approaching him!  Cool

And for those pedants, that have commented before, please note the camera position was from the co-pilots seat, and I didn’t use a mobile device whilst driving!  Tongue
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Have you been driving from the passenger seat again Grant Big Grin
(07-02-2024, 08:31 AM)Syncro27 Wrote: Have you been driving from the passenger seat again Grant Big Grin

Not this time, but she should have wound down the wet left window, for a better pic…. Rolleyes
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab