Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gertrude our 1976 Sopru
Quote:Thanks guys, Chris and David I will go over the complete system before she heads out of the shed again, I did replace the sneaky bit up under the spare tyre well last week, what a bastard that was, last weekend when we went up to Sydney and then for the run back to Berry the smell was non existent, it wasn't until our last fuel stop at Moruya that the smell was back and its now extremely strong just sitting in the shed so its now a major issue, and its the main repair on my list I will most likely replace every bit of hose and then I will know that its is ok
farquire said: 

Quote:Also meet the couple you bought the van from in Boat Harbour Tasy in feb 2016,they'd recently got married ,all the writing was fresh,he was new to kombis and we talked for quite awhile,had a good look over the van very solid,nice people,small world isn't it

Small world indeed Mike, and yes a lovely couple of people, were you at the VW show in the big warehouse there on the harbour, went to it once many moons ago, cheers

here is the bit under the spare wheel well that I replaced, looks pretty secondhand
https//i.imgur.com/2BwL3Hz.jpg[/img]][Image: 2BwL3Hz.jpg]

onetrackwonderMay 10, 2018

Quote:onetrackwonder said: 

Quote:last fuel stop at Moruya that the smell was back

The filler collar only leaks when the fuel can get up to it[Image: clear.png] so full of fuel it runs up the 'neck' & out the 'filler to tank rubber'.
Cheers

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow a mystery, Today is the PRESENT.
Pilot of 'Old Boy' 76 Sopru Fuel Injected
Co pilot Lauren
http://forums.kombiclub.com/threads/76-sopru-resto.54261/
http://forums.kombiclub.com/threads/76-sopru-old-boy.56558/
David HMay 10, 2018

Quote:Yep, that looks the same as the one I pulled out and replaced last week on Harry after springing a fuel leak after a refill on the way back from Stanthorpe [Image: clear.png]

Chris and Sharyn
Team Fun and Niceness
Mr BeckstarMay 10, 2018

Quote:Cheers, thanks for the great stories and background, love the bus and it was great to meet up at Berry. Sure we will cross tracks again soon!!

JethroJun 3, 2018

Quote:cbus said: 

Quote:I'm not familiar with any delorto issues but plenty on here should be able to advise.

The issue is known for solex on vw at least.

I would have pump outside engine bay.
Worth fitting the solenoid outside as well so that in event of fire and engine stall all fuel is cut.
Each unit around the $50 mark.

Another issue is siphoning if parked nose up.
Don't know if this is an issue with Del's.?

Often the cheap square pumps have variable pressures.
A check and pressure regulator if needed is good practice.
Don't use the empi chrome one with adjustable dial.
Cases of them loosing fuel.

In case you haven't seen it...

http://www.ratwell.com/technical/FuelHoses.html

Cheers

Had twin 40mm Dellorttos on my '73 with a slightly worked motor - had electric fuel pump and pressure regulator set @ 2 psi (mounted @ front of engine bay up near the firewall) ....... the Dell's can be an issue if pump is pushing too much fuel. Depends also if they have been jetted correctly for the engine but once set should not be an issue. Would really need someone with the expertise to look @ them [Image: clear.png]

[b]Let me out when I call my name, IGOR is ALIVE[/b]
You can call me Bert[Image: clear.png]
A A Wright FIPA, FFA, DATDFA
KahunaKombiJun 4, 2018
Sid our 66 Splitty Project
Possum our 76 Sopru Traveller
TLC our 1990 Single Cab, my daily
Goanna our 08 4 motion Dual Cab Chassis, Katherines Daily

Messages In This Thread
Gertrude our 1976 Sopru - by onetrackwonder - 05-07-2022, 05:27 PM
RE: Gertrude our 1976 Sopru Campmobile - by onetrackwonder - 05-07-2022, 05:40 PM
RE: Gertrude our 1976 Sopru - by onetrackwonder - 11-07-2022, 06:49 PM
RE: Gertrude our 1976 Sopru - by DavidH - 14-07-2022, 11:08 PM
RE: Gertrude our 1976 Sopru - by onetrackwonder - 12-08-2022, 10:13 AM
RE: Gertrude our 1976 Sopru - by Oldman - 12-08-2022, 10:22 AM
RE: Gertrude our 1976 Sopru - by onetrackwonder - 13-08-2022, 09:30 PM
RE: Gertrude our 1976 Sopru - by Elsie76 - 14-08-2022, 07:26 PM
RE: Gertrude our 1976 Sopru - by onetrackwonder - 15-08-2022, 09:02 AM