Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resto of Maisie the 76 Kombi
Some of you will have seen Maisies resto project from the old forum but we are currently in middle of restoring our 76 Sopru pop top camper Maisie, will try get all the pics and posts copied across but to start with here is a few pics of how she looked when we picked her up 18 Months ago

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks for bringing this across Brian  Wink
Info. from member's experiences with resto's helps us all.....
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Can't seem to get into old forum to copy across the thread but will keep trying to get logged in, in the meantime we got the windscreen fitted today and discovered the new wiper arms where for LHD so had to modify them to suit the RHD but these are the joys of restoring a Kombi and having parts sitting in boxes for months ??

Wink 
The "spray booth"  is back in action to finish off the last bit of paint for Maisie also got wheels back from powder coating and got the new tyres fitted slowly getting to the end of this resto

Looking Good Brian.
What size tyres are those. They look solid.
I'll have a talk with our local bloke and see if he can get those for us. Would be good for our local roads.
Cheers
Terry
(09-07-2022, 12:19 PM)Wombatventures Wrote: Looking Good Brian.
What size tyres are those. They look solid.
I'll have a talk with our local bloke and see if he can get those for us. Would be good for our local roads.
Cheers
Terry

195 R 14s Maxxis 753 MTs
Cool same size as what were on ours, will talk to our supplier when I'm ready to fit some. I'd guess with big lugs like that they might be a bit noisy but I like solid sidewalls and tread.
Maisie finally has the Pop top back on with new canvas and roof lining

Been slowly ticking a few bits off the to do list roof rack on and engine is running after a few teething issues with the DBW & injection system
Initially had too small cc injectors and couldn't get the injector opening times to work but fitted 1.8T 290cc golf injectors and runs so much better, Still needs dyno mapping but pretty happy with it so far

Unfortunately haven't had much time to spend on Maisie due to moving house and renovations on new house but I did get some time to get the freshly powder coated bumpers refitted and fit a set of Mud flaps ??