Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which fuel type? 91/95 or 98?
(05-05-2023, 07:58 PM)DakDak67 Wrote: 91 plus regular upper valve lube, but I’m just a mechanic who knows what he’s talking about …. Wink

Not doubting your experience Chris but the problem is that EVERY mechanic says the same thing !!  Tongue
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(06-05-2023, 10:33 AM)Oldman Wrote: Not doubting your experience Chris but the problem is that EVERY mechanic says the same thing !!  Tongue

Good point. I might have made that up …
Big Grin
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(05-05-2023, 07:58 PM)DakDak67 Wrote: 91 plus regular upper valve lube, but I’m just a mechanic who knows what he’s talking about …. Wink

I don't need to peddle who or what I am
I don't agree
sorry
(06-05-2023, 08:22 PM)rstucke Wrote: I don't need to peddle who or what I am
I don't agree
sorry

Don’t apologise , do what you want bud
(05-05-2023, 07:21 PM)Pabloako Wrote: Great replies everyone, thank you.

So far I have only been using 98, however I am making a trip to Dalby this weekend (the first trip since getting her registered and then fixing every oil leak that started afterwards).   Smile

I will try 95 next and then 91 on this trip and see if I notice any difference.  It seems like the lead replacement additives are not worth it, so I won't bother with those

Edit:  Crikey, I have just read the links above.  I will stick to 95/98 and then I may feel a bit more environmentally conscious, whilst I burn my 14L per 100km.
Yes, fuel quality BEFORE it gets into your tank should also be considered. Just as new vehicles sold in AU don't meet Euro emission standards so is our RON not equal to Euro RON. For me, my near standard 1970 cc Type 4 with 9 plus something compression and fired up by a Haltec ECU is fed 98. Runs real good, stays real cool and delivers 11 something per 100.  BP or Ampol ??

The fuel I do dream of putting into my T3 is a Tesla T3.
Very interesting subject to say the least, so many different aspects here , but i have to admit that i have tried them all , and still only got on the average of 9.8 kpl so now i just stay with 91 oct, i do get the occasional run on but but not often enough to worry about, and i do use an oil additive {anti-friction } liquid moly every 2nd oil change and i use { on CBUS,s suggestion } 25-60 Penrite Oil, yes i know its a heavy oil but it works ok, this engine was re,built in 2009 and is still running strong and smooth and not using any oil at all , not sure how many Ks the motor has done but at a guess i would say about 150000 ,not a lot though for fourteen years .

Just my thoughts here as to whether you need a higher oct fuel for better performance or can you get via other means ,

Chris T