Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Many T3's For Sale
I have roughly counted in excess of 40 T3's for sale atm. The most I have ever seen, why?  Lots of people offloading things due to the crappy economy perhaps.
Anyway if you are in the market for a T3 go grab one as spoilt for choice atm.  Check them out well and go in hard on price as many are way overpriced.  Good luck and with a T3 you will never look back.
(07-05-2023, 01:27 PM)luckyphil Wrote: I have roughly counted in excess of 40 T3's for sale atm. The most I have ever seen, why?  Lots of people offloading things due to the crappy economy perhaps.
Anyway if you are in the market for a T3 go grab one as spoilt for choice atm.  Check them out well and go in hard on price as many are way overpriced.  Good luck and with a T3 you will never look back.

Phil there are a lot of people hurting and need the dollars and a lot of people who are terrified of the electric vehicle push and the consequences. I agree that the T3 is an awesome vehicle and I rate it the best on the market. 
Look carefully, ask a lot of questions, test drive and evaluate the quality of the vehicle before committing to buying. And enjoy.
(07-05-2023, 04:32 PM)grumble Wrote: Phil there are a lot of people hurting and need the dollars and a lot of people who are terrified of the electric vehicle push and the consequences. I agree that the T3 is an awesome vehicle and I rate it the best on the market. 
Look carefully, ask a lot of questions, test drive and evaluate the quality of the vehicle before committing to buying. And enjoy.

As Grumble says, "I must agree, the T3 is an awesome vehicle and I rate it the best on the market", from weight distribution, handling, performance, space, and .....

Old cars do cost. So do new ones.
So T3’s have now cracked that milestone, of asking prices, more than the cost they were new…. ! Shy

Took 35 or so years, but finally there.  Tongue

Will the early T4’s ever get there?  Rolleyes
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Phil
Let me know if you come across a good pop top auto camper

I have friends in the market
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
(07-05-2023, 07:29 PM)Grantus Wrote: So T3’s have now cracked that milestone, of asking prices, more than the cost they were new…. ! Shy

Took 35 or so years, but finally there.  Tongue

Will the early T4’s ever get there?  Rolleyes

Indelibly with time Wink . VW's Kombi's appreciate regardless of the era Smile .....later mainly due to rarity. My mates T4 trakka being an example of rare & it's red & goes faster  Big Grin .
Cheers
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
(08-05-2023, 12:00 AM)DavidH Wrote: Indelibly with time Wink . VW's Kombi's appreciate regardless of the era Smile .....later mainly due to rarity. My mates T4 trakka being an example of rare & it's red & goes faster  Big Grin .
Cheers

I only raised the question, coz the major transition from the rear engine, rear wheel drive T3, to the forward engine, front wheel drive 4th generation, was less than smooth……. 

After 5 years, and seeing the results, once they got some kilometres on them, a very concerning transmission & drive train issue raised its ugly head.

A major redesign, to sort the earlier issues, and obtain the reliability VW always wanted, was needed & put into production. (From 98 onwards, they probably should have been called a T4.5)

If you feel they are a long term investment, you should go for it. You can pick up an early T4 “Running, but just needs some work”, for less than the scrap metal & parts value.
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
(07-05-2023, 01:27 PM)luckyphil Wrote: I have roughly counted in excess of 40 T3's for sale atm. The most I have ever seen, why?  Lots of people offloading things due to the crappy economy perhaps.

As you know recently transitioned from T2 SC to Phil’s T3 Doka something I desired to do for years & totally over the moon with it. 
Looks, drives & handles beautifully, stinging for road trip.
Will always love a bay but the T3 is in another dimension, I’m converted.
Join us & cross over to the…… ‘dark side’.
(10-05-2023, 09:10 AM)Whitie Wrote: As you know recently transitioned from T2 SC to Phil’s T3 Doka something I desired to do for years & totally over the moon with it. 
Looks, drives & handles beautifully, stinging for road trip.
Will always love a bay but the T3 is in another dimension, I’m converted.
Join us & cross over to the…… ‘dark side’.

Hey Whitie,
Lets do that Quarrabolong Valley cruise , Allandale Winery , Branxton Pub again to celebrate your new T3 & reminisce of old/new times.
All welcome to come stay with us night before.
Cheers
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
(10-05-2023, 11:18 PM)DavidH Wrote: Hey Whitie,
Lets do that Quarrabolong Valley cruise , Allandale Winery , Branxton Pub again to celebrate your new T3 & reminisce of old/new times.
All welcome to come stay with us night before.
Cheers

Was a wonderful drive last time & pub was excellent, it a yes from me.

Any thoughts of a date