Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 Old Bar Beach Festival
(26-09-2022, 07:39 AM)Grantus Wrote: I’ll text / ring you earlier. 

We may as well hook up at the Ourimbah rest area, and cruise up together……………. at T3 speed.  [Image: wink.png]

That would be good
(26-09-2022, 08:24 PM)onetrackwonder Wrote: Katherine and I and the 3 co pilots will be leaving Tilba Thursday and spending the night in Sydney catching up with  family so hopefully we should be able to get to Tuggerah for the Komvoy if traffic permits, cheers Greg

Awesome, it'll be great to catch up with you both!
Chris and Sharyn
1976 Campmobile Adventurer Deluxe 2L Automatic in Riverina Orange named Harry
1971 Kombi 8 Seat Manual in Flipper Blue named Layla
I’m hoping the traffic will be reasonable…..
Even though it is a Long Weekend, it falls in the middle of the school holidays so maybe most folks will be where they want to be already…..
Trailer packed, windscreen RainX-ed...just have to tie down the 'boards in the morning and Billie n I are on the road.....Sue will join us Friday afternoon....
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(27-09-2022, 01:01 PM)Oldman Wrote: I’m hoping the traffic will be reasonable…..
Even though it is a Long Weekend, it falls in the middle of the school holidays so maybe most folks will be where they want to be already…..
Trailer packed, windscreen RainX-ed...just have to tie down the 'boards in the morning and Billie n I are on the road.....Sue will join us Friday afternoon....

Safe travels……. Looks like the Rain-ex may not have been a wasted effort.  Sad
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Prepare for the worst……anything else is a bonus  Wink
Cheers,
Mark

(28-09-2022, 07:08 PM)Oldman Wrote: Prepare for the worst……anything else is a bonus  Wink

I thought the same last week, and bought the last bottle of RainX on the shelf.

Never used RainX before, so I read the instructions, only to discover the bottle I bought, is “RainX Plastic”, for helmets, boat windscreens, acrylics and polycarbonates………  Huh

So, I’ll take it back tomorrow, and see if they have any RainX for glass, or get a refund. Sad
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
RainX is wonderful stuff……you’ll wonder why you’ve waited so long when you see how effective it is Wink
Cheers,
Mark

(28-09-2022, 09:05 PM)Oldman Wrote: RainX is wonderful stuff……you’ll wonder why you’ve waited so long when you see how effective it is Wink

No doubt I will be pleasantly surprised, once I get the correct one to use!  Rolleyes

Do you use it on the side windows and mirrors, or not?

I noticed today, that with the vent window open on the drivers side, the window and wing mirror stayed relatively clear, but the passenger side with the vent window closed, had so much water build up on the window and mirror, it was very difficult to see out that side.
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Any live current weather observations from those early arrivers?  Rolleyes
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Wink 
(28-09-2022, 09:07 PM)Grantus Wrote: No doubt I will be pleasantly surprised, once I get the correct one to use!  Rolleyes

Do you use it on the side windows and mirrors, or not?

I noticed today, that with the vent window open on the drivers side, the window and wing mirror stayed relatively clear, but the passenger side with the vent window closed, had so much water build up on the window and mirror, it was very difficult to see out that side.
I use it on the lot. Kids love watching the 'lizards' on the windscreen and windows. 

It takes a few treatments to work well and effectiveness is speed dependent. 
They also make a washer additive.

It can take a bit of time to get used to driving without using the wipers. 
PR