Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vale Chris Taylor
It is with great sadness that I post to let folks know that our long time Kombi Club member, Chris Taylor has passed away......

Chris was a true Gentleman. He always had time for a chat, a beer and a kombi discussion whenever we caught up.
Living in SA, Chris maintained contact with like minded folk in his home state and despite his battle with the Bastard Disease, always made the effort to attend any kombi related events.
My last catch up with Chris was at Strathalbyn Bus Stop - SA. It was always time well spent talking life, kombis and general stuff with Chris and I will miss him dearly.........
Chris was one of the most capable fellas I've met. 
He worked on Patches,(his kombi), himself and was always refining the interior, repairing panels, spray painting etc. to keep Patches rolling.
Chris' ability to think laterally to solve problems was inspiring...there wasn't much that he couldn't do, even building his own wood turning lathe to run timber bits n pieces.
Those that have a kombi shifter knob turned by Chris now have a forever reminder of his ability and generosity.

Vale Chris Taylor, you are sadly missed by your kombi family....
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Thanks for putting this up Mark.

A true gentleman who will be sadly missed. 
RIP ol mate  Heart
Cheers Brian and Cathy
I had the absolute pleasure of meeting Chris at Swansea bus stop. A true gentleman. I will miss him but have a gear knob reminder of his generous personality.
Vale Chris
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
RIP Chris. 

Such sad news. 
He was certainly a “true gentleman”
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
6 weeks ago approx. Chris was sitting at our kitchen table. hours of interesting conversation followed. then it was time for him to head for his accommodation, 

can't believe he will not sit with us again. Such a kind and gentle soul. We will truly miss him.
Farewell Chris. A true gentleman, and valuable KCA member. Very sad…

Condolences to his family, through this very tough time.
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Sad news. First time I met Chris was at Forbes Bus Stop - lovely man and loved his kombi with a passion. He will be missed  Heart
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
Got the news a couple of days ago and have spent a fair bit of time going back over the wonderful conversations I've had with Chris. Some people pass through your life barely noticed but some leave an imprint that will never fade.  Chris was one of those. Like many other KCers, I'm sad but also happy that he was part of our Kombi family.
Happy Trails Old Mate.
I was saddened to read of his passing. He will be missed by many a Kombi Club friend
1976 Molly Sopru Campmobile, 1977 BayMonty Ute 
Chris your contirbution to the VW community will be missed. RIP.