Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passenger Seat
Hi all, still working on the wheel tubs of my '72 lowlight. About to move onto the passenger side and, as you can see, it's been pretty badly butchered. So I was hoping someone could show me an image of an unmolested wheel tub so I can get a bit of an idea of what it's supposed to look like. i.e. seat mounts etc. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Mark
I can get a pic up tomorrow if that helps......?
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(24-02-2024, 02:16 PM)Oldman Wrote: I can get a pic up tomorrow if that helps......?

That'd be great, thank mate. I'm still hammering away at the other side, so not in any rush.

Mark
Here you go Mark
For a '76 but I think it was the same in 72.
,Top bracket on bulkhead

Top bracket on back of seat

Bottom brackets

Cheers
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
(24-02-2024, 02:53 PM)DavidH Wrote: Here you go Mark
For a '76 but I think it was the same in 72.
,Top bracket on bulkhead

Top bracket on back of seat

Bottom brackets

Cheers

Thanks David. So judging by that, the only holes that are needed are for the two seat brackets. The rest can be filled in.....someone really went to town with the drill on my bus.... Thanks mate

Mark
….they probably had non kombi seats mounted…..I’ve seen many non compliant, butchered attempts at installing different bucket seats from other vehicles …..that do not fit stock VW mounts.
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(24-02-2024, 06:42 PM)Oldman Wrote: ….they probably had non kombi seats mounted…..I’ve seen many non compliant, butchered attempts at installing different bucket seats from other vehicles …..that do not fit stock VW mounts.

Yeah, when I got it, it had a set of buckets out of an old sigma...or something...but judging by the number of holes, I'd say she's had quite a few seat swaps over the years....and not terribly well done either. Luckily I got a gas refill for the mig today as I can see a lot of welding on the cards for tomorrow  Undecided 

Mark
(24-02-2024, 05:46 PM)Mark D Wrote: Thanks David. So judging by that, the only holes that are needed are for the two seat brackets. The rest can be filled in.....someone really went to town with the drill on my bus.... Thanks mate

Correct.
Mark that's the only holes you need for the 2 rear brackets. They 'lock into' the bottom rail of the seat carrier. An oval edged rail that goes sideways into that groove & then 'locks in' by shape in the shape!!!!
Can't get a rectangular bar out of a circular hole when the rectangular bar goes in vertically.
Gap at top not large enough!!
Cheers
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
(24-02-2024, 08:48 PM)DavidH Wrote: Correct.
Mark that's the only holes you need for the 2 rear brackets. They 'lock into' the bottom rail of the seat carrier. An oval edged rail that goes sideways into that groove & then 'locks in' by shape in the shape!!!!
Can't get a rectangular bar out of a circular hole when the rectangular bar goes in vertically.
Gap at top not large enough!!
Cheers

Thanks mate. I've just ordered a set of those brackets so hopefully I'll have the seat in place next weekend.

Mark
Weren’t lowlight seats runners different?

Is 72 the cross over year?
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy