Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What did you do to your Non-Kombi VW or other car today?
What could possibly go wrong owning an Eos?

Been pouring here in Sydney lately, and the Eos gets a leak going if you dont keep the drains clean.
Need to open the roof, get the trusty bent paper clip and clean a couple of "tiny" holes in the A pillars.

Anyway, we were going out Sunday after noon for mothers day with our kids and grand kids.
Then Lea had to go out on Monday and to Newcastle on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Being the good bloke I am, the rain briefly stopped Sunday morning, I decided to give the drains a clean.
Lowered the roof
Cleaned the drains
Went to put the roof back up...........................and......................nothing.
Roof just stayed tucked up in the boot.

Tried all sorths of thing but nope..................roof stayed open and it started sprinkling.

Did I mention i dont have a garage?

Luckily I do have an undercover parking spot in a block of units 5kms away that I keep one of the kombis in
So I swapped it over and told Lea she has the T3 for the next couple of days while I try and get it fixed.
Not happy

Anyway - Julian, the mechanic I use, came to the rescue.
We are really not sure what we / he did.
Checked for error codes, blown fuses, release pressure in the hydraulic tank.

The only real thing different is he help the close button on for like 30 seconds instead of the 10 secs I was doing
Normally it is instant.

So it is working again.
Cautiously tried it a couple of times.

So - just like Mr Clease, I "almost" gave my non-kombi VW a damn good thrassing with a branch
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
Today I had to organise for a tow truck to pick up the Golf  Sad

I loaned it to my son while he was fixing his BMW. Its been a great little car - its good to drive, still zippy - the paint/clear coat makes it look unloved but its been part of the family since I bought it from Barry years ago.

He sends me a message on Friday telling me he has had an accident! First thing I ask is he OK - he is fine, his dog which was with him is fine but he is really angry that its happened. He was travelling in the left lane when an MG pulls out of the right lane in front of him into his lane and just stops! He couldn't miss her and hit her rear left wheel arch. I don't know how the headlight didnt smash or any damage to the bonnet but the bumper, front quarter panel (which was perfect before - even the paint was still good there!!) and the blinker/fog light were all damaged. It's only insured for $3500 so after lodging the claim with Shannons they tell me it needed to be taken to Mannheims for assessment but will probably be written off   Cry

I wasn't there to grab a photo to add to my collection. It still drives and I don't think there was anything mechanical affected - I even have a spare Dragon Green Mk3 Golf sitting at my brothers place that I could take the parts off but I don't know how it would go getting registered again if its written off. I don't have salvage rights on that one like I do with the kombis.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
Oh no - that’s so sad Melissa. 
Main thing is every one is OK. 

Got that car near on 15 years ago from Steve Natoli and it has never stopped. 

Pity you can’t put a guard on it and fix the bumper. 
Third Party Property only. 
Even if insurance donated it to someone needy. 

Here’s hoping it can live on.
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
Bugger......
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(04-06-2024, 09:07 AM)Barry Wrote: Oh no - that’s so sad Melissa. 
Main thing is every one is OK. 

Got that car near on 15 years ago from Steve Natoli and it has never stopped. 

Pity you can’t put a guard on it and fix the bumper. 
Third Party Property only. 
Even if insurance donated it to someone needy. 

Here’s hoping it can live on.

It hasn't stopped on us either Barry. I never got around to doing anything about the aircon - it even has manual winders on the windows so it never got the dreaded power window failure! 

I suspect it will come up for auction at Mannheims. It is fully insured, just in case. Problem is, if I no longer own it, I think my insurance premiums will go up as I get a really good discount for 7 cars, 1 motorbike and a trailer - I think the discount isn't as high with 6 cars.
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
hi Melissa .. sad news about the MKIII .. if you want to keep your discount you better buy another vehicle. Patrick
(05-06-2024, 08:57 AM)Tintop Wrote: hi Melissa .. sad news about the MKIII .. if you want to keep your discount you better buy another vehicle. Patrick

Sounds like a plan!! Haha
Look what arrived today for my Beetle! I will post a photo after I put them on Smile

………ok, I’ll ask….
What are they ?
Big Grin
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Tail light covers. Here is an example that has been painted red. I think they will be easier to see in the black on my black beetle though.