Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Bar 2024 - Lani's - now Ingenia Old Bar
Enough hot water for all the campers too?  Rolleyes

I only ask because I’ve been told the dawn showers were hot, but not for much left after that….. and did need attention/ upgrade. 

Although not staying at Lanis, also really looking forward to the Old Bar Beach Festival long weekend, to catch up with all again.  Shy
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Can’t comment on the hot water supply in the amenities block Grant……we were on an ensuite site.
Given the amount of negative feedback regarding the hot water in years past, I’d be very surprised if the issue hasn’t been sorted out. There seems to be a lot of money being spent on the property to bring it into line ……
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Here’s hoping. If you are paying for use of amenities in your camping fee, you kinda expect a hot shower when you want one……
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
Be warned about the road works going in to Old Bar - I can't see them getting it completed before the festival. 

The road outside the new ambulance station is a nightmare.
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
We stayed at Ingenia Suffolk Park on our way up to Airlie the other weekend and I can only say good things too…..pets allowed……fire allowed……..good Pizza place at the front BYO…….and a very nice walk to the beach and a ten minute walk down to a very good bakery…….$34pn
(06-03-2024, 04:36 PM)Oldman Wrote: Just learned from Doug (douggieboy) that Old Bar (Ingenia) is now aligned with Big 4, so show your Big 4 card when paying any balances on arrival for a Big 4 discount  Big Grin

I just had a reply to my query with BIG4 - it may not be that straightforward.
It looks like bookings need to be made through BIG4 online for the discount to apply at "Partner Parks".

"We refer to your email below and advise . . .  you can obtain the 10% membership discount at our partners parks such as Ingenia Holidays Old Bar Beach only when booking at a Partner Park, is made via online www.big4.com.au.   

BIG4 Perks+ Members who book directly through the partner park’s own website, over the phone or as a walk in will not have their 10% membership applied to the bookings there."
Doug
Robina QLD
Jenny Jones - 1974 Pop-top camper bought 2005
Thanks for the clarification Doug....
We were just up there and asked a similar question, same response.
They were also very guarded when I asked about my Big4 Perks......free ice every day, early check in, late checkout for being a "Top Mate".
I could not get a direct answer at the time.
I'll go back and delete my previous post.
Cheers,
Mark

The road into OLD BAR has been upgraded near the Petrol Station and outside the new Ambulance Station and all the road works are finished and the road has new line marking.....if Old Bar Road is busy during trhe Festival , another road has been made into the Village (since the devasting Bush Fires ).....turn at the OLD BAR Tavern down Saltwater Road and the take the first road left called FOREST LANE,,,,,,this is a new bitumin road into Old Bar past the new Sub Divisions of houses........it will avoid all the traffiic........Old Bar has had a lot of rain last night, 100mls but everything is going ahead on time , and everyone in town is looking foward to all the Visitors.......David McMahon, OLD BAR
Thanks for the update David....great intel.
Cheers,
Mark

Thanks David - the road was being worked on when we were there a few weeks back - I was worried it was not going to be ready in time - great news Smile
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".