Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing Window Winder Mechanism
Quote:You should now see a small screw, remove this. Now the quarter window is free. All you have to do now is move is sideways so that the window mechanism can be moved freely out. Moving the window is a tricky job; mine was pretty secured in and took a bit of effort to move. 

[Image: IMG_3215.jpg]

Note: the metal thing in the pic is what hold the felt in and obstructs the quarter window when removing it.

The trick is to push down on the window because there is a small bit off metal that keeps the felt in place that’s in the way of moving the quarter window.You don’t have to fully remove the window to get the mechanism out. Just move it enough until the mechanism can slide out.

[Image: IMG_3216.jpg]

Now installing the new mechanism. As I told before I got mine from the bus stop. I put it in to check it fitted properly...wrong. There were a few things wrong with it; first it was larger in shape and length. When the winder part went in its hole but where the runner was, to the right of the door, it didn’t line up with the holes, big problem. 

[Image: IMG_3167.jpg]

Just me seeing it the new one will fit and trying to overcome the problem

The other problem was that it was bent wrong. I fixed that problem by just bending it back slowly and gently doing little bits at a time. There was nothing I could to about the length. I bolted the winder part and the bottom of the winder. There was allot of bending and replacing until I got it right or close to. At the top of the runner where the bolts were I had to drill 2 new holes (due to the length and I couldn’t bend it far enough). 

[Image: IMG_3211.jpg]

Note: I had two goes at drilling the new holes to get it just right. In the end, with the one the left, the holes were close together so the bolt wouldnt hold properly so I used a washer.

Once I was happy, I screwed on the window to the little metal rectangle on the runner. Make sure the window is attached to the metal thing the right way or the window is loose and will fall off. The only thing wrong about it now is the last 10mm of winding the window up it becomes tough as the straight thing on the mechanism that moves starts to run up onto the bend of the mechanism (due to it being larger). If you didn’t have this problem installing should be very simple and straight forward.

Now push back the quarter window, put the little screw back in. Put the felt back in. Put the screw at the bottom of the window. And that’s it.

I hope that makes sense and helps you.
I tried to put in all the info I could. 

Messages In This Thread
Installing Window Winder Mechanism - by Oldman - 04-07-2022, 03:22 PM
RE: Installing Window Winder Mechanism - by Oldman - 04-07-2022, 03:26 PM