Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing Window Winder Mechanism
Courtesy of Mothership:

I’ll just go through the steps I did to remove it all. I couldn’t find that much info about how to remove it properly so I learnt as I went. 
Some of it you may find a better way to do it but whatever you feel is better. 

I apologise in advance, it’s hard to describe somethings without pictures.

Firstly wind down the window.

To get the winder handle off, peel back the plastic rubber stuff not much just until you can see a screw. Unscrew that and the handle is off. There are no nuts at all removing and installing

[Image: IMG_3217.jpg]

The next part is to remove the plastic from the door handle to get the door card off properly. Near the leaver there is a dip and on one end of this is a small opening. Use a screwdriver and gently pry out the indent. 

[Image: IMG_3218.jpg]

After doing that there is a screw and a weird washer type thing unscrew that and remove the outer plastic that surrounds the leaver.

[Image: IMG_3219.jpg]

Now that the door cover is off the real work begins. Now you can see where the window mechanism is in the door. Remove the glass from the slider, there should be two screws to get it off. 

Gently lower the glass to the bottom.

Quote:The next step is to remove the mechanism from the door. To the middle of the door there is the long straight part to the mechanism (runner) with 4 bolts (2 at the top and 2 at the bottom). They may be a bit tight so use a bit of the wonderful CRC or wd40. 

[Image: IMG_3212.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3210.jpg]

Next remove the winding part again just 2 bolts.

Now to remove the mechanism out the quarter glass window has to be moved. In the door bellow the quarter window is a round hole and in this is a screw. This is one of two things holding it in. Remove the screw and move to the top of the door. 

[Image: IMG_3209.jpg]

Along the top of the door is a felt track where, when the window is wound up sits in. With a pair of long nose pliers grab the felt and pull it out, not all of it probably until half is free from the metal. 

[Image: IMG_3213.jpg] 

Messages In This Thread
Installing Window Winder Mechanism - by Oldman - 04-07-2022, 03:22 PM