Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Switched power supply
https://ratwell.com/technical/Fuses.html

This will help with fuse box types as they increased the number of fuses as the years went by.  As Doob has said the US market diagrams on the Samba are pretty close but there are a few things to watch for and this list also is US related, but the basic functions are the same.  I have come across the following but there is likely to be others:

Some models have a buzzer on the ignition to alarm when the key is left in the lock I think (a lot of ignition switches have a small extra terminal which is involved in that). 
There is a rear demister which I haven't seen but there are some wires for it in some parts of the loom.  
The Headlight relay is different for the US ones and they have one less terminal (4) where as the Euro and ours have 5. The extra one goes to fuse box and supplies power to the relay when the lights are switched off at the main light switch and you pull the dip switch up so they flash.

BTW here is the basic relay wiring for the bypass I mentioned earlier.  Basic but it is a nice to have as there isn't an accessories option on the ignition switch.

A new beginning. Big Grin +

1975 Kombi The Doctor
1976 Dual Cab Bumble Bee
1974 Microbus Matilda (parts bus)

Messages In This Thread
Switched power supply - by Barry - 02-12-2023, 03:31 PM
RE: Switched power supply - by Barry - 02-12-2023, 04:47 PM
RE: Switched power supply - by Mordred - 03-12-2023, 10:51 AM
RE: Switched power supply - by Doob - 04-12-2023, 11:15 AM
RE: Switched power supply - by Mordred - 04-12-2023, 12:17 PM