Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brake master cylinder leaking fluid into servo
(07-08-2023, 11:41 AM)Pabloako Wrote: Hi everyone,

I have a slightly strange one, where I am getting through quite a lot of brake fluid and the reservoir could need 200mm after a couple of hundred KM.

Front calipers and rear drum cylinders are brand new and zero leak is visible.  All brake pipes and connectors are nice and dry and the pressure regulator is all nice and dry too.  The brakes work well and the peddle is nice and firm too and I do not have any signs of fluid leak on the floor.

Any ideas where this fluid could be going?  Is there a chance it is getting into the Brake Servo and up the vacuum pipe?  The engine idles fine and seems to be running nice and happy.

I answered my own question.  I removed the flexible vacuum hose from the solid pipe near the engine and brake fluid trickled out.  I guess I need to buy some parts now.  Confused
I will work out how to clean out the servo, because they aren't cheap.

This also probably answers why after a long drive down hill, I can get a puff of white smoke out the back when I accelerate again. I did think oil was getting into the cylinders, but was confused why it was white smoke and not blue.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can't find my brake fluid leak - by Pabloako - 07-08-2023, 07:20 PM
RE: Can't find my brake fluid leak - by grumble - 08-08-2023, 09:05 AM
RE: Can't find my brake fluid leak - by Pabloako - 08-08-2023, 01:42 PM
RE: Can't find my brake fluid leak - by grumble - 10-08-2023, 08:16 PM