Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T3 '82 model vacuum leak in brake booster
Ah, I do remember reading your great post. So you're the modern world now and just need electric brakes Smile (or regenerative braking!)
I forget you had the electric conversion.
It does sound like the leak is at the booster, but still worth checking the hose etc are all good. The check valve is normally just forward of the engine, but with the 12V pump, it may have it's own built in? Is the pump still in the engine bay, or up the front?
As you have already researched it could just be the gasket where the master cylinder bolts to the booster. You'd need to remove the master cylinder, but if the leak is there you could do that without removing the booster itself.
I guess you have the advantage to run the pump with the brakes on and go looking for the leak!

Removing the booster is a little tricky, and assuming it's the same as late T3's you can (just) access and remove with the dash pod etc removed.

If you are delving that far, and have not had the brakes out before, new seals in the master cylinder is well worth the effort. The linkages between the brake pedal and master cylinder are also prone to wear and worth checking while you're in there.

Messages In This Thread
RE: T3 '82 model vacuum leak in brake booster - by Andy. - 14-07-2023, 11:39 PM