Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacing Accelerator Cable
With the cable passing through the bag of grease I tied the string I had pulled through to the end of the new cable. 
With the bag of grease and cable in my left hand, I pulled on the string with my right and slowly pulled the new cable through.

I couldn't hold the bag, pull on the string and take a picture at the same time but hopefully you will get the idea.

[Image: P1010054.jpg]

The newly greased cable pulled through without a problem and it was an easy task connecting everything back together again.

I did lubricate the bit that connects the cable to the carby linkage 

[Image: P1010062.jpg]

Don't forget to swap the rubber boot from the old cable to the new before you put everything back together, it's much easier. I learnt this the hard way 

[Image: P1010063.jpg]

Put the covering plate back in place and your done. All up it took a little over an hour, should be quicker if your not stopping to take photos.

(04-07-2022, 12:32 PM)Oldman Wrote: With the cable passing through the bag of grease I tied the string I had pulled through to the end of the new cable. 
With the bag of grease and cable in my left hand, I pulled on the string with my right and slowly pulled the new cable through. 

I couldn't hold the bag, pull on the string and take a picture at the same time but hopefully you will get the idea.

[Image: P1010054.jpg]

The newly greased cable pulled through without a problem and it was an easy task connecting everything back together again.

I did lubricate the bit that connects the cable to the carby linkage 

[Image: P1010062.jpg]

Don't forget to swap the rubber boot from the old cable to the new before you put everything back together, it's much easier. I learnt this the hard way 

[Image: P1010063.jpg]

Put the covering plate back in place and your done. All up it took a little over an hour, should be quicker if your not stopping to take photos.

Messages In This Thread
Replacing Accelerator Cable - by Oldman - 04-07-2022, 12:29 PM
RE: Replacing Accelerator Cable - by Oldman - 04-07-2022, 12:32 PM