Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
kombi cuts out when foot not on accelerator
(12-12-2023, 04:32 PM)Mordred Wrote: They are a bit tricky.  The long side is the one that goes on the pipe between the 2 rubber elbows.  The shorter side is for the manifold.  I usually fit it to the pipe that goes around the back first, and with a smear of grease on it to make it slide on easier.  Once you have it on far enough it should be easy to slide it on to the manifold pipe.  

When you order a new one get three. One for the other side and a couple of spares. I have found they sit quite well without clamps, as they did in the factory, but if you feel it isn't a good enough fit you can clamp around them, but i wouldn't get carried away tighten it as it will stress and deform them.

Adrian

cheers mate
(12-12-2023, 01:34 PM)kombiPOP Wrote: yeah that dont look to good, il replace th other side as well, what are they called so i can order them

JK have them

https://www.justkampers.com.au/021-129-6...odels.html
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
i ordered these from rightous kombis , they look a little different so i hope they are the same

VW Kombi Type 4 Rubber Vacuum Elbow for Intake Manifold - Pair
(13-12-2023, 07:23 AM)kombiPOP Wrote: i ordered these from rightous kombis , they look a little different so i hope they are the same

VW Kombi Type 4 Rubber Vacuum Elbow for Intake Manifold - Pair

They are ok but at $20 each they are twice the price than from JK which are the same as originals. Even Mick motors has the OE type for $7.19. Pays to shop around as there are very different prices and quality.  (been very happy with Mick Motors over a long time)

Adrian
A new beginning. Big Grin +

1975 Kombi The Doctor
1976 Dual Cab Bumble Bee
1974 Microbus Matilda (parts bus)
Thumbs Up 
(13-12-2023, 07:44 AM)Mordred Wrote: They are ok but at $20 each they are twice the price than from JK which are the same as originals. Even Mick motors has the OE type for $7.19. Pays to shop around as there are very different prices and quality.  (been very happy with Mick Motors over a long time)

Adrian
There are better places to buy from than RK in my opinion.....
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Keep your foot on the pedal