Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sliding door top roller 1975 Bay
Hi All,

In reference to the sliding door top roller, should there be a slight play between the wheel and rail ? See photo. Mine moves slightly side to side. Just Kampers  sells replacement rollers but there are two different sizes for my van. ? So I don`t know whether to replace or the gap is normal ?

Regards
Klaus

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Slight gap is normal….inwards/outwards adjustment is by the roller bracket itself……..
I replaced mine with a pair of good quality roller bearings that were the same outside diameter….
Much smoother and better in my opinion than the blob of metal that is often supplied.
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(08-12-2022, 05:00 PM)Oldman Wrote: Slight gap is normal….inwards/outwards adjustment is by the roller bracket itself……..
I replaced mine with a pair of good quality roller bearings that were the same outside diameter….
Much smoother and better in my opinion than the blob of metal that is often supplied.

Thanks Mark,  and where did you purchase such a roller ?  And whilst you are there . where can I buy engine lid hinges for my model, Just Kampers has been advertising as `on back order` for some time ?

Cheers
Any bearing /engineering supplier will have a suitable match. They don’t have to be anything special, just the same OD and internal diameter…… I have a vague recollection that skateboard bearings are a perfect match……could be wrong on that though……but they are readily available from many sources.

Give Kai a call at JK……it could be that they are in a container that needs to be unpacked…..ie the hinges are here but not catalogued yet……happens a lot as they only have minimal staff.
Cheers,
Mark

(09-12-2022, 07:27 PM)Oldman Wrote: Any bearing /engineering supplier will have a suitable match. They don’t have to be anything special, just the same OD and internal diameter…… I have a vague recollection that skateboard bearings are a perfect match……could be wrong on that though……but they are readily available from many sources.

Give Kai a call at JK……it could be that they are in a container that needs to be unpacked…..ie the hinges are here but not catalogued yet……happens a lot as they only have minimal staff.

Thanks Mark, really appreciate your assistance, I shall call JK.

Cheers
Klaus
Just checked a skatey bearing….OD is too big……my bad, sorry.
Cheers,
Mark

If you have the dimensions try Miniature Bearings Australia. 
https://www.minibearings.com.au/
PR
(11-12-2022, 07:30 PM)KIWI Wrote: If you have the dimensions try Miniature Bearings Australia. 
https://www.minibearings.com.au/
PR

Geeez.................that site is one to bookmark and save
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
(12-12-2022, 07:43 AM)Barry Wrote: Geeez.................that site is one to bookmark and save

Sure is
Another good source for small bearings and brassware is Metro Hobbies.
Supplied the brass rod for the air non-return flap shafts (#43).

PR