Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice please - wheel size fit for T2
(10-09-2024, 10:59 PM)Barry Wrote: If you mean Mortlake, it’s Tyresmart. 
Paul, the proprietor, is very good. 
Been going there for decades

Yes, thanks for the correction. Perfect!
(10-09-2024, 08:27 PM)Wayne Murray Wrote: I've never fitted 16" wheels ,only done 15" but My 15" are still x 7 and the ET 35 instead of your ET 23.
The biggest issue I can see is that your wheels will be sticking out 12mm further out then mine, which means your wheel/tyre will be really close to the wheel arch lips on the back wheels.
This all depends on how far the tyre is bulging past the wheel rim, and or how much work they did on the wheel arch lip ,to know whether it's been bend inwards or outwards during the restoration. The only other is since it's been lowered does that cause the back end squatted outwards being lowered ,if you know what I mean. causing any issues! just a thought!
Again there are a lot a variants in to why it may or not work, I worked it out you have roughly 6-8 mm clearance from the lip of wheel arc lip and again depends on some of the above to exactly how much.
I measured my fathers car it has 25mm clearance and my car has the same wheel it has only 20mm due to the extensive work my car has had done during restoration compared to my fathers car that is in original location pretty much.
That’s helpful Wayne, thanks. mm will count!
(10-09-2024, 10:23 PM)sealyb Wrote: So that is a very interesting question, and the exact reason I am in this situation. 

The Ronals are 16x7 ET23. I got the 16s to (I thought) fully clear the Go Westy brakes. Wrong.

The wheels I got are the Go Westy 15 x 7 ET23. https://gowesty.com/products/15-7-alloy-...6667176101 

I didn’t get the GW 16x7 as GE notes they can rub tyre on body. They fit fine and made sure they did before ordering by a call to GW to confirm.

Turns out the inside profile is really important…the GWs are a fairly flat face (and flat inner) and the Ronals are drop lip (so more sculpted inside). It is the inside shape that fouls against the brake…

If I can reduce the image size I will send a pic of both.