Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another rear mattress question..
The 3/4 rock and roll bed is stuffed in Josie - its the original and one of the hinges has bent and come away from the wood - its been like that since we got her from Pete and I have tried fixing it but I have not had any luck and its so uncomfortable to sleep on (my side is the problem, closest to the sink).

As a temporary fix, I am thinking of taking out the bed seat completely and using a piece of ply wood with some legs at the front for support. We never use it as a seat anyway or have passengers. Now my question- does anyone have a spring mattress in the back? I think I can squeeze a king single in there - or does everyone just have foam?
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
Hey Mel, King single, egg carton foam overlay on top of rnr for us.
The overlay is a game changer and has made sleeping so much better.
The overlay is a stock Clark Rubber item... we use it with the egg carton profile downwards after trying it both ways.

https://www.clarkrubber.com.au/products/...ing-single

I did, however, have to cut the corner off where the spare wheel well is.
If I’d left it rectangular, it wouldn’t have pushed right back to the tailgate.
A stock spring mattress could be pushed forward but you’d have about 400 mm gap at the tailgate.
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
I like the overlays too. I am wondering if I could shove it back.
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
(29-07-2024, 11:43 AM)Melissa Wrote: I like the overlays too. I am wondering if I could shove it back.

You could force it back…….the lump would be on Scotty’s side anyway….
Tongue
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
Melissa 
I have a near new custom 3/4 spring mattress if interested.
We had it made for an original bed that was in our house
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
Hey Barry - what are the measurements?
1060 x 1860
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
Hi Melissa
if you've got extra room for the length, you could cut some foam rubber into the odd shape at the pillow end and have an inner spring mattress for the rest
Stay tuned for feedback in a couple of weeks!