Kombi Club Australia
Vale my M.I.L - Printable Version

+- Kombi Club Australia (https://kombiclubaustralia.com)
+-- Forum: Kombi Club (https://kombiclubaustralia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://kombiclubaustralia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Vale my M.I.L (/showthread.php?tid=829)

Vale my M.I.L - DavidH - 29-02-2024

My mother in law was the greatest supporter of her/our family. Her grandchildren & our blended family with a few extra daughters. She passed peacefully today after a fall last December that saw a hip replacement & a thigh bone rebuild.
Not surprising the outcome!
Weep with me for she was most loved  Angel . I will miss her greatly. 94 years young!

Funeral next Wednesday.

Sad

RE: Vale my M.I.L - Grantus - 29-02-2024

(29-02-2024, 08:34 PM)DavidH Wrote: My mother in law was the greatest supporter of her/our family. Her grandchildren & our blended family with a few extra daughters. She passed peacefully today after a fall last December that saw a hip replacement & a thigh bone rebuild.
Not surprising the outcome!
Weep with me for she was most loved  Angel . I will miss her greatly. 94 years young!

Funeral next Wednesday.

Sad

Condolences David,

They say that 94 is “a good innings”, but still sad, and doesn’t really make it any better.  Sad

RE: Vale my M.I.L - Melissa - 29-02-2024

Sad news David - I hope you celebrate her life and the wonderful impact she had on you and the family.  Heart

I myself have a funeral to attend tomorrow - brain cancer took a friend, old co-worker of mine and cricket mate of Scott's at 63  Sad

RE: Vale my M.I.L - Oldman - 01-03-2024

Tough times David......
Unfortunately, as we age so do our Elders.
(Going through this ourselves....)
Remember and celebrate the good times.
Condolences to all affected.

RE: Vale my M.I.L - DavidH - 01-03-2024

Thanks for the kind words. Most of the organising now done so better days ahead.

RE: Vale my M.I.L - ruby6689 - 06-03-2024

Sorry to hear of your loss. I'm sure you will be giving her a lovely send-off and remembering her fondly today and always. Never easy to say goodbye to a loved one.

RE: Vale my M.I.L - Elsie76 - 08-03-2024

Dear David,
Our condolences and heartfelt sympathy Lauren & David.  It is always tough and a time for reflection on shared memories.
Love Craig & Leanne.

RE: Vale my M.I.L - DavidH - 08-03-2024

Thanks folks,
It was the most beautiful funeral service. Angel  

My step daughter knocked it out of the park with her eulogy tying "love & grief & memories & feelings & loss".

How as a young one she felt secure in Grandmas lap etc & how wonderful a Bubbl-o-Bill ice cream was.
She had stored 2 boxes of said ice creams at ours to share with her cousins at the wake Tongue . Another magic moment on a grateful day.

How she was able to keep going with the emotions that she evoked for all ? I don't know!
Not a dry eye in the house Wink

We sent Pat off with love & that's how it be.

We will miss her greatly. Pat would 'walk a country mile around conflict' & perhaps that's why she was so loved.
She never let conflict get in the way of family.

Thanks & Cheers