Kombi Club Australia
KCA Sponsorship - Printable Version

+- Kombi Club Australia (https://kombiclubaustralia.com)
+-- Forum: Kombi Club (https://kombiclubaustralia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Kombi Club (https://kombiclubaustralia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: KCA Sponsorship (/showthread.php?tid=11)

KCA Sponsorship - luckyphil - 01-07-2022

Seeing we are starting from scratch then this could be a perfect opportunity for contact to be made with our parts suppliers and offer promotion of their business for a small contribution to help ongoing funding of this site.  Lost of posts here and on FB where peeps actually ask where to get parts

RE: KCA Sponsorship - Oldman - 01-07-2022

(01-07-2022, 10:14 AM)luckyphil Wrote: Seeing we are starting from scratch then this could be a perfect opportunity for contact to be made with our parts suppliers and offer promotion of their business for a small contribution to help ongoing funding of this site.  Lost of posts here and on FB where peeps actually ask where to get parts

Could be worth considering Phil ...but I don't think we really want the new KC to be driven by businesses that contribute financially.
Some may get a fly up their nose if they contribute and then see members recommending other businesses.....

I think members recommending business that they've dealt with, ( and had positive experiences with), is the way to go.
It's how we maintain that community spirit.
Just my thoughts..... Blush

RE: KCA Sponsorship - Kahuna Kombi - 02-07-2022

Early days of the original forum this was tossed about but with little to no commitment received.
Other forums did get some funding for advertising but then that all went pear shaped as well.

RE: KCA Sponsorship - Grantus - 02-07-2022

I’m just glad there’s no “pop up” ads, or interrupting banner ads splashed between posts, like some of the Tapatalk forums!

RE: KCA Sponsorship - onetrackwonder - 06-07-2022

Im involved in another car forum where like here everyone has interest in similar types of cars, like here about 15 years ago a similar thing happened and in a rush a new page had to be created and unfortunately all information there was lost apart from what was brought over in that rush, it wasn't the end of the earth, but also wasn't good, I don't know how or who this new page is funded by but thanks, over on my other forum there is a bank account where members make a donation whenever they like for the privilege of keeping the forum alive, members then post that a donation has been made spurring others to contribute, no amount is posted as some people can afford lots and others little but it seems to work very well and since then there has never been any issues, perhaps its something to think about rather than a company having vested interest in the forum the the members do, cheers Greg

RE: KCA Sponsorship - Melissa - 06-07-2022

At the moment, this forum is currently member owned and set up in a not for profit way. If at some stage the cost gets exorbitant then we may have to ask for a similar set up to what Greg mentioned above but for now, and hopefully for a long time to come, we do not need to have sponsorship by any commercial  entity.

RE: KCA Sponsorship - Ted - 28-07-2022

Hi
As an Australian owned and operated business supplying the air cooled community in Australia / NZ we’d be happy to support members of the kombi club in some way. Happy if the administrators want to contact us to discuss.
We will have a display at Valla and will have an across the board discount code for orders during The VW Spectacular. Come see us for details.
Cheers

RE: KCA Sponsorship - titch - 28-07-2022

(06-07-2022, 06:22 PM)Melissa Wrote: At the moment, this forum is currently member owned and set up in a not for profit way. If at some stage the I cost gets exorbitant then we may have to ask for a similar set up to what Greg mentioned above but for now, and hopefully for a long time to come, we do not need to have sponsorship by any commercial  entity.

I totally agree Melissa. Keep up the good work. Cheers Vince from the deep south. AKA Titch.
Smile

RE: KCA Sponsorship - Rossco - 29-07-2022

(28-07-2022, 12:55 PM)Ted Wrote: Hi
As an Australian owned and operated business supplying the air cooled community in Australia / NZ we’d be happy to support members of the kombi club in some way. Happy if the administrators want to contact us to discuss.
We will have a display at Valla and will have an across the board discount code for orders during The VW Spectacular. Come see us for details.
Cheers

Hey Gordon, Good to see a Perth dude here. Great supplier of VW parts here in Perth folks. Keep the parts buying in Oz. Defo check him out at Valla.

RE: KCA Sponsorship - Melissa - 30-07-2022

(28-07-2022, 12:55 PM)Ted Wrote: Hi
Cheers

Thanks Gordon, we do appreciate the offer. We are happy for you (and other businesses) to post and promote your products and services to members but we won't ask for sponsorship or payment.

Hope you enjoy Valla!