Kombi Club Australia
What made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- Kombi Club Australia (https://kombiclubaustralia.com)
+-- Forum: Kombi Club (https://kombiclubaustralia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://kombiclubaustralia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: What made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=51)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: What made you happy today? - Oldman - 08-11-2022

Took my sunnies into my local optometrist for repairs…….
I managed to sit on them….I know, I know…. Dodgy and broke the frame at the nose bridge.
No replacement parts available, not supplied…..thanks Ray Ban….not !
Lovely lady at the counter started quoting me $288.00 for a replacement pair, to which I said,
“yeah, nah…..they can be on a Christmas wish list… Tongue
Enter her protege,  who said that she remembered seeing a similar pair in their 2nd hand box of bits…..(RB2312 New Wayfarer)
5 minutes later, my polarised lenses had been swapped into the frames, arms swapped over and I’m back in business…… Big Grin
Whilst the front frame is not identical to my originals, they’re very close…..
Total cost…?
Zip, nyet, nada, nothing …. Cool
Service still exists out there in retail, just need to be courteous, polite and you never know where it’ll end up .

RE: What made you happy today? - DavidH - 08-11-2022

I work in a curtain/blind repair shop where the boss has been a 20yr hoarder (& got all the old spares) & get to do the same for customers^.

If I don't have to drill a hole it's free!

Makes my day [Image: smile.png] .

Cheers

RE: What made you happy today? - ruby6689 - 09-11-2022

(08-11-2022, 05:58 PM)Oldman Wrote: Took my sunnies into my local optometrist for repairs…….
I managed to sit on them….I know, I know…. Dodgy and broke the frame at the nose bridge.
No replacement parts available, not supplied…..thanks Ray Ban….not !
Lovely lady at the counter started quoting me $288.00 for a replacement pair, to which I said,
“yeah, nah…..they can be on a Christmas wish list… Tongue
Enter her protege,  who said that she remembered seeing a similar pair in their 2nd hand box of bits…..(RB2312 New Wayfarer)
5 minutes later, my polarised lenses had been swapped into the frames, arms swapped over and I’m back in business…… Big Grin
Whilst the front frame is not identical to my originals, they’re very close…..
Total cost…?
Zip, nyet, nada, nothing …. Cool
Service still exists out there in retail, just need to be courteous, polite and you never know where it’ll end up .

That’s real old fashioned service. 

I’m always taking Mum’s glasses into Specsavers as she damages them. I buy at least two replacement pairs a year as well, luckily they’ve still stocked the same frame for 10 years as it is important not to change anything due to her dementia.

Last repair was for a broken arm which they couldn’t do so they made a new pair and didn’t charge me.

RE: What made you happy today? - Oldman - 11-12-2022

Warm shortbread with my coffee this morning  Big Grin
Sue is doing the Christmas baking this week and today is shortbread day….
So far we have dark and light Rocky Road, Shortbread and really dense nut/fruit slice thing.
Yuuuuuuuuummmm .

RE: What made you happy today? - Kazz - 11-12-2022

(11-12-2022, 07:50 AM)Oldman Wrote: Warm shortbread with my coffee this morning  Big Grin
Sue is doing the Christmas baking this week and today is shortbread day….
So far we have dark and light Rocky Road, Shortbread and really dense nut/fruit slice thing.
Yuuuuuuuuummmm .

Sue’s ginger snaps……..very nice !

RE: What made you happy today? - Oldman - 11-12-2022

Spent the day in the garden for its annual Christmas tidy up…..
Once I’d finished filling two green bins it was time to grab a Coopers , kick my boots off and do the watering.
Within 5 minutes, one of our local Magpies flew down, fluffed itself up and happily flapped around in the shower of cold water……..so nice …..he was caroling away and having a wonderful time in the free bath.
Yet another bonus of being in the garden…….. Big Grin

RE: What made you happy today? - Kazz - 27-12-2022

No crowd on the Pittwater Christmas Eve…….

RE: What made you happy today? - Wayne Murray - 08-01-2023

This was my Birthday present from last year from my sister, the Tiger experience (feeding a tiger) at the newish Sydney zoo. They are just a beautiful animal. 
[Image: 324090451_3468775963381371_2667991221909...e=63BF7934]
[Image: 324083704_1182524055750876_8952438976289...e=63C01CFA]

RE: What made you happy today? - Oldman - 23-01-2023

Was chasing some Sopru details this morning and opened up my kombi’s original delivery booklets……
There, tucked behind the dealer’s first page was a crisp $5.00 note !
I had never noticed it before……
It’s going to be a good day !  Big Grin

RE: What made you happy today? - Barry - 23-01-2023

WOW..............should be able to buy a...........................................................packet of gum??

Confused Confused