Kombi Club Australia
What made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- Kombi Club Australia (https://kombiclubaustralia.com)
+-- Forum: Kombi Club (https://kombiclubaustralia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://kombiclubaustralia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: What made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=51)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: What made you happy today? - Oldman - 13-05-2024

(13-05-2024, 02:55 AM)Ninga Wrote: Next up, a couple of days to prepare stock for a market stall at Ciderfest this coming weekend and get a few rows of garlic in before I’m off to have carpal tunnel surgery in both hands (thanks to my full time hairdressing days).
EDIT :

All the best for a swift recovery Chrissy....
You have a wonderful family to support you, so let them spoil you.....you've earned a rest.
(You 'n Scotty will have to compare hand Op. scars !)

RE: What made you happy today? - Ninga - 13-05-2024

Heart Thanks all. I never do things in halves, ha. 
Didn’t know Scotty had to have his done but comparing battle scars with him is something I look forward to… as  long as we can both have the hand strength for holding stubbies while we chat.  Big Grin

RE: What made you happy today? - Grantus - 13-05-2024

All the best Chrissy with the surgery. Hoping for a 100% successful outcome.

RE: What made you happy today? - Melissa - 14-05-2024

(13-05-2024, 07:49 PM)Ninga Wrote: Heart Thanks all. I never do things in halves, ha. 
Didn’t know Scotty had to have his done but comparing battle scars with him is something I look forward to… as  long as we can both have the hand strength for holding stubbies while we chat.  Big Grin

He didn't have carpal tunnel done - he has had dupuytren's contracture on both hands now - just getting over the second one.

RE: What made you happy today? - Ninga - 14-05-2024

Thank you Grant. X

RE: What made you happy today? - Oldman - 14-05-2024

(14-05-2024, 07:10 AM)Melissa Wrote: He didn't have carpal tunnel done - he has had dupuytren's contracture on both hands now - just getting over the second one.

oooops !
My bad, I've gone back and edited my post.
I just knew his hand had been opened up and made an assumption.
Angel Angel Angel

RE: What made you happy today? - BrianK - 14-05-2024

All the best for the procedure Chrissy Heart, I’ve had both mine done, Cathy has had one done. It will feel much betterer when you have it done. Enjoy your relaxation time. Big Grin

RE: What made you happy today? - Melissa - 14-05-2024

(14-05-2024, 09:43 AM)Oldman Wrote: oooops !
My bad, I've gone back and edited my post.
I just knew his hand had been opened up and made an assumption.
Angel Angel Angel

No worries - but he will be happy again when he can play his guitar - it was bad enough when he was out of the water and not allowed to surf!

RE: What made you happy today? - Oldman - 14-05-2024

I can imagine !!

RE: What made you happy today? - Ninga - 15-05-2024

Thank you Brian. x Glad both you and Cathy had good outcomes. 
It seems to be quite common. Two of my brothers have had both theirs done with great results. I’m hoping to sleep better of a night and be able to hold scissors and secateurs (both important tools for me) with no pain, tingling or cramping. My left hand has been less functional since a few years ago, a quack (no longer at our local surgery for obvious reasons) was to perform a simple procedure and ended up damaging a nerve in my arm. Angry  Sorry, this isn’t the thread for that story so instead…

Receiving thoughtful messages from beautiful KCA people made me happy today!  Heart