Kombi Club Australia
What made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- Kombi Club Australia (https://kombiclubaustralia.com)
+-- Forum: Kombi Club (https://kombiclubaustralia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://kombiclubaustralia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: What made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=51)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: What made you happy today? - Melissa - 17-03-2023

Sad  Well my happiness didnt last long... mechanic cannot get Josie in until May so looks like she will not be coming to Bus Stop. Lucky we have Spotty as a backup.

RE: What made you happy today? - Kazz - 19-03-2023

Nothing better than having a “spare”

RE: What made you happy today? - T1 Terry - 05-04-2023

Kombi started this morning and actually ran long enough to get to the workshop :lol: The bed is back in the Hino and the floor slat/tile things are down, and I still have tomorrow to finish all this work and get both the Kombi and Hino ready for the big trip to Strath on Thursday ...... some time and that isn't likely to be early  Rolleyes

T1 Terry

RE: What made you happy today? - Oldman - 05-04-2023

Set up  just out of Loxton SA for our last night before Strath.
Beers,wine n cheese shared with Magpies while flocks of Corellas circle overhead in a screeching mass.
Sun slowly setting and all is peaceful by the Murray  Big Grin
Very happy……

RE: What made you happy today? - Wombatventures - 05-04-2023

(17-03-2023, 07:36 AM)Mordred Wrote: "Slackest" system in Australia, Grant. Hold my beer!

Tassie has inspection when out of rego for over a month.  Thats it.  Nothing when you sell either.  If you had a pre 50's car for example and paid the rego every year you would not have had to have an inspection ever.  And how many by percentage of accidents due to unsafe vehicles do we have? If it was significant I can guarantee they would have jumped on it by now! The largest percentages by far are excessive speed for the conditions, alcohol and driver error. Not saying there aren't unroadworthy vehicles out there (oh hell there is!) or the system isnt flawed, but yearly inspection isn't necessarily the perfect fix.

SA I am sure has some even easier regulations when it comes to reregistering when unregistered.  Someone will have to clarify but I remember I was amazed.

Adrian

Yep. SA is definitely the easiest car rego state. Only time you need a roadworthy is if you get a defect or need a modification plated.

RE: What made you happy today? - Tintop - 06-04-2023

this guy

RE: What made you happy today? - T1 Terry - 06-04-2023

(05-04-2023, 10:14 PM)Wombatventures Wrote: Yep. SA is definitely the easiest car rego state. Only time you need a roadworthy is if you get a defect or need a modification plated.

The "seasonal rego" is a great thing. Just suspend the rego till you need to use the vehicle again, then get online and pay money for however long you need to use the vehicle, 3 mths to 12 mths.
If you bring a vehicle in from interstate and it isn't registered in your name the state you moving from, it's a full pit inspection. The loophole is to get a vehicle travel registration that allows you to drive the vehicle on the most direct route from the the interstate address to the SA address, that will be in your name so then it's simply "pay the money and you have SA rego" they even organise the refund if you still have rego left in the state you are transferring rego from ..... you just need to be careful the SA Service office you use isn't close to an inspection station, they try to drum up work for the regional inspection stations to justify keeping them open.

The safe operation of the vehicle is the responsibility of the operator and this includes the vehicle being in a safe condition to use on public roads. Those rules are the same Australia wide, the defect fine goes to the driver along with any other fines, including manner dangerous in the worst instances. 

That doesn't mean they don't pull vehicles into the roadside inspection stations if they suspect the vehicle to be a danger on the road ....... no defect notice then, get a flat top tow truck to take it from there to the place of repair, the rego is cancelled and the vehicle then has to be submitted to the "pits"for an inspection a new car would have problems passing .......

Back to the topic .... What made me happy, Margaret had to admit I was correct and the Hino was unregistered and had been since July 2022, we had been driving on the odd occasion the 5 kms to the house and back, unregistered. Just a simple online money thing and all registered again  Cool I didn't mention the time she drove to Adelaide airport and back towing the trailer to pick up batteries  Wink Rolleyes

T1 Terry

RE: What made you happy today? - Tintop - 13-04-2023

this guy

RE: What made you happy today? - T1 Terry - 14-04-2023

Thinking back over the great time we both had at the Strath Bus Stop, brings a smile to the insides every time, thank you everyone for such a great event .....

T1 Terry & Margaret

RE: What made you happy today? - Tintop - 29-04-2023

this guy