Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NSW registration - body type for CTP insurance
All 3 cars are $278.30 from Shannons for CTP. A 76 Sopru Kombi, a 2009 Hyundai Tuscon, a 2005 Toyota Echo.
All the same price and very different vehicles;-). Newcastle.
Cheers
Yesterday is History. Tomorrow a Mystery. Today is the PRESENT.
                    Pilot of "Old Boy" 76 Sopru fuel injected
                                    Copilot - Lauren
(01-12-2022, 08:30 PM)DavidH Wrote: All 3 cars are $278.30 from Shannons for CTP. A 76 Sopru Kombi, a 2009 Hyundai Tuscon, a 2005 Toyota Echo.
All the same price and very different vehicles.
Cheers

Mine cost me an extra 29 cents per vehicle. But that was with NRMA. The most expensive one was the Landrover but that is a company vehicle. $315 - still below par.
Greg

’71 Westfalia, Annie
’91 Caravelle GL, Lucy
Слава Україні
I didn’t expect an answer, because I spoke in Spaniel, which is understood only by spaniels.
I hear what you're saying about location/age and risks but our other car is a Mazda 3 and is something like $300 to get CTP for as well, and the van was about $700-800 when I lived in Homebush as well, before I moved to Redfern.

The last years CTP was $700.14 and that was the lowest since I registered in NSW in 2017.

I should probably get the second row of seats in, then get the vehicle type updated with RMS, then if that doesn't fix it, get on historic plates.  Bloody computers, if actual humans were involved in the decision making process it could be sorted out!
1990 2.1litre MV window van in Sydney.  Wave if you see me
(03-12-2022, 10:10 PM)Hairyman Wrote: I hear what you're saying about location/age and risks but our other car is a Mazda 3 and is something like $300 to get CTP for as well, and the van was about $700-800 when I lived in Homebush as well, before I moved to Redfern.

The last years CTP was $700.14 and that was the lowest since I registered in NSW in 2017.

I should probably get the second row of seats in, then get the vehicle type updated with RMS, then if that doesn't fix it, get on historic plates.  Bloody computers, if actual humans were involved in the decision making process it could be sorted out!

Something is surely amiss, when they want those excessive fees for a private rego’d, 30+ year old daily driver……no matter where you live.

They are still commercial rates, for business registration.

Dig deeper, and hopefully get a result.
88 Blue T3 CL Caravelle
91 Blue T3 Single Cab
(04-12-2022, 12:03 AM)Grantus Wrote: Something is surely amiss, when they want those excessive fees for a private rego’d, 30+ year old daily driver……no matter where you live.

They are still commercial rates, for business registration.

Dig deeper, and hopefully get a result.

We have one business registered vehicle, the near 3 tonne Disco, the CTP is $315... (mind you the FBT makes up for it)
Greg

’71 Westfalia, Annie
’91 Caravelle GL, Lucy
Слава Україні
I didn’t expect an answer, because I spoke in Spaniel, which is understood only by spaniels.