Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T3 2 lit A/C motor for sale
(06-10-2022, 10:49 PM)Grantus Wrote: X3 ^^^^

Please share the process of the conversion with us.  Smile

vans are easy to convert as they have heaps of space for the battery and a good payload.
Im using 36 LFP 300ahr cells for a 120v 36kwh battery. should be good for 200 klm range. 200kg of battery
7kw OBC (on board charger) that has menekes input for all the free or cheap public chargers installed. 
15kw nominal (80kw peak) AC motor (with regen of course)
clutch hub spline adaptor to the AC motor shaft, no clutch / flywheel req'd. 
up to installing the motor, once its in then the vacuum brake pump / reservoir and its away.  no more petrol for me - to expensive! + who wants to fund the Saudis et al with petro dollars?
once its running ill give a power comparison to the 2 lit petrol motor. as electric motors have max torque at all speeds (incl stall) they are hard to compare to an IC motor.
who wants the petrol motor? must be someone out there that wants it for a spare?
(06-10-2022, 10:49 PM)Grantus Wrote: X3 ^^^^

Please share the process of the conversion with us.  Smile

motor sold - gumtree 2K, next closest offer was 1K. I get the impression there is not much interest for them out there
Thats because there were very limited numbers of Aircooled T3's sold here between 1982 and 1984.
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
petrol motor sold, Kombi converted and driving as an EV. now its for sale as an EV conversion as I cant drive (have developed epilepsy). once i work out how to post it here i will. asking 35K which covers all the  costs.
(11-05-2023, 04:00 PM)brujef Wrote: petrol motor sold, Kombi converted and driving as an EV. now its for sale as an EV conversion as I cant drive (have developed epilepsy). once i work out how to post it here i will. asking 35K which covers all the parts costs.

All you have to do is create the ad in the Vehicles For Sale Section and add a contact number, price, location and add a few pics…..
Please read the rules for posting a vehicle for sale. ( at the head of the VFS Section).
Link/s to other sites are not permitted.

Sorry to hear of your changed circumstances…..
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light