Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome to Kombi Club
Goodonya Rossco, thanks for coming across. 
It hasn’t been easy lately, but I think we’re starting to rebuild our community……
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
(04-07-2022, 07:42 PM)Grantus Wrote: Starting to feel like home already!  Smile

(29-07-2022, 06:57 AM)Rossco Wrote: Well done on keeping the site going. Hadn't been on for a while, its takes a certain dedicated person and effort to keep these sites running. I'm on a UK site the The Late Bay as well, they nearly went down too, but still going. Cheers Rossco Smile

Hey mate haven’t seen you on here for long time, we just spent 2 years over in Perth and could have caught up. Oh well another time maybe.
Cheers Brian and Cathy
(29-07-2022, 06:57 AM)Rossco Wrote: Well done on keeping the site going. Hadn't been on for a while, its takes a certain dedicated person and effort to keep these sites running. I'm on a UK site the The Late Bay as well, they nearly went down too, but still going. Cheers Rossco Smile

Hey - you made it  Tongue
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy
(29-07-2022, 08:50 AM)BrianK Wrote: Hey mate haven’t seen you on here for long time, we just spent 2 years over in Perth and could have caught up. Oh well another time maybe.

Hey Brian yeh sorry about, I have been working away a lot over the last 8 years, had enough being away, you can miss so much. Back on track now, enjoying getting back into forums again and my builds. Lifes too short..
79 Bay camper
66 Beetle
65 Split project
I have noticed a few new members signing up with their email address as their user name. I doubt this is on purpose and if you would like this changed, feel free to send me a private message and I will fix it for you.
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
A big HELLO!! and Welcome to an influx of members over the last few days! Good to see a few familiar log ins coming in to join us again! Big Grin
1962 Splitty "Little Red". 1974 Deluxe Bay "Spotty". 1976 Sunliner Campmobile "Josie". 1997 Golf CL. 2005 R5 Touareg. 2007 Beetle "Mickey".
Thank you for the new forum. When I was admin on Patrol4x4.com we had a similar issue, we tried to buy the forum but the owner ended up selling it to Autoguide. At least the forum is still going.

One way of retrieving some of the old forum content is via the Wayback Machine. Click on the link below, and for each date marked you can access whatever content the Wayback Machine archived on that date (sometimes a lot, sometimes quite limited).

https://web.archive.org/web/202200000000...iclub.com/

It might help to find/copy some of the lost content.
-------------------------------
Murray
1969 Sunliner
1963 Mercedes 220S
1964 Mercedes 220S

Sunshine Coast, Australia
(31-12-2022, 10:31 AM)Squalo Wrote: Thank you for the new forum. When I was admin on Patrol4x4.com we had a similar issue, we tried to buy the forum but the owner ended up selling it to Autoguide. At least the forum is still going.

One way of retrieving some of the old forum content is via the Wayback Machine. Click on the link below, and for each date marked you can access whatever content the Wayback Machine archived on that date (sometimes a lot, sometimes quite limited).

https://web.archive.org/web/202200000000...iclub.com/

It might help to find/copy some of the lost content.

Thanks Murray....welcome back !!
Cheers,
Mark
It’s not oil, it’s sweat from all the horsepower !  

Pit crew for : The Tardis - a ‘76 Sopru Campmobile
                   & Herman  - the ‘71 White Low Light
One thing that has been noted over this weekend at Old Bar Beach Festival was that there are still a lot of people that had the old Kombi Club stickers on their kombis but had no idea this forum had been set up - when asked if they would like to buy a new sticker for this forum, they mentioned that they found they could not get in to the website - not realising that the old forum was gone and this was the replacement. 

If by chance you come across someone that has the old sticker and not a new one then just ask if they have joined up. We were unable to send an email to every member of the old forum before it shut down and if they don't use Facebook, and a lot of people don't, then we didn't have a way of letting them know.  Smile
Good point Melissa
76 Bay Microbus - Woody
90 T3 Caravelle C Auto - Daisy