Kombi Club Australia
Water tank - Printable Version

+- Kombi Club Australia (https://kombiclubaustralia.com)
+-- Forum: Help & Assistance (https://kombiclubaustralia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Bay Tech Clinic (https://kombiclubaustralia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Forum: Body (https://kombiclubaustralia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+---- Thread: Water tank (/showthread.php?tid=707)

Pages: 1 2 3

Water tank - Eltrevo - 18-09-2023

Hi all I have just put a 76 back on the road after 14 years of sitting in someone’s driveway rusting away . Has anyone got any advice on the right brand and size and placement for a water tank

RE: Water tank - Oldman - 19-09-2023

Water tanks and their position/mounting depends on the camper type/conversion.
ie some just have a 20 ltr plastic drum under the sink, mine - Sopru- has a galv. tank suspended beneath the floor. Worth getting to an event and seeing the different types first hand….Old Bar is coming up soon…lots of campers in attendance at Lani’s  Big Grin

RE: Water tank - Eltrevo - 19-09-2023

(19-09-2023, 06:41 PM)Oldman Wrote: Water tanks and their position/mounting depends on the camper type/conversion.
ie some just have a 20 ltr plastic drum under the sink, mine - Sopru- has a galv. tank suspended beneath the floor. Worth getting to an event and seeing the different types first hand….Old Bar is coming up soon…lots of campers in attendance at Lani’s  Big Grin

Thanks for the reply I had a feeling that might be the case .I was hoping there was a simple answer but as with thing that are worth doing it is never simple

RE: Water tank - DavidH - 20-09-2023

(18-09-2023, 07:33 AM)Eltrevo Wrote: Hi all I have just put a 76 back on the road after 14 years of sitting in someone’s driveway rusting away . Has anyone got any advice on the right brand and size and placement for a water tank

Put up a photo of your camper conversion. It'll help with advice. 

I've got a Sopru conversion with twin non original 316 s/s 45 litre tanks under it. I could do dimensions for you that fit. 

Alternatively if you came to Old Bar I've got some spare (ex Tintop) s/s tanks that I'd love to find a home for Wink . 

Guaranteed to fit a Kombi.

Cheers

RE: Water tank - Eltrevo - 20-09-2023

(20-09-2023, 08:23 PM)DavidH Wrote: Put up a photo of your camper conversion. It'll help with advice. 

I've got a Sopru conversion with twin non original 316 s/s 45 litre tanks under it. I could do dimensions for you that fit. 

Alternatively if you came to Old Bar I've got some spare (ex Tintop) s/s tanks that I'd love to find a home for Wink . 

Guaranteed to fit a Kombi.

Cheers

RE: Water tank - Eltrevo - 20-09-2023

Can’t say I will make old bar unfortunately as I’m a shift worker and I’m working on those date plus At this stage I’m up to leaving the suburb but not the state “ still in the testing stage “  but if you could send size details of tank would be appreciated . This is my first step into the world of kombi campers  so I’m not sure of the  placement  .

RE: Water tank - DavidH - 20-09-2023

(20-09-2023, 09:27 PM)DavidH Wrote: So a Sopru conversion with a few notable areas. Vents on the RHS for fridge indicate a post 76 fridge change position (nee 77) but won't prohibit tank size.
Are their vent holes behind the fridge , in the floor, to drain the heavier gas?
Should be a (standard) tank size. Do you want the dimensions of my original replicated tank?
Cheers

Show me a photo 'up under'
that RHS to see what the floor is doing?
I'll send size of tank & frame tomorrow upon receipt.
Cheers

RE: Water tank - Eltrevo - 21-09-2023

(20-09-2023, 09:28 PM)DavidH Wrote: Show me a photo 'up under'
that RHS to see what the floor is doing?
I'll send size of tank & frame tomorrow upon receipt.
Cheers

Hi Dave I have fitted a 12 volt  bushman’s fridge no vent in the floor have closed all holes in floor welded up and built my own cabinets  so I think the floor pan should be pretty standard . We do have a galvanised  roll out step on the LHS at the sliding door   Can't send photos I’m not with vehicle at the moment  Thanks for your help Trevor

RE: Water tank - DavidH - 22-09-2023

(21-09-2023, 07:14 PM)Eltrevo Wrote: Hi Dave I have fitted a 12 volt  bushman’s fridge no vent in the floor have closed all holes in floor welded up and built my own cabinets  so I think the floor pan should be pretty standard . We do have a galvanised  roll out step on the LHS at the sliding door   Can't send photos I’m not with vehicle at the moment  Thanks for your help Trevor

My tanks are 1065L X 280W X 150H
Cheers

RE: Water tank - Eltrevo - 22-09-2023

(22-09-2023, 02:49 PM)DavidH Wrote: My tanks are 1065L X 280W X 150H
Cheers

O baby that looks that it should fit  can you text me your number  and we can talk numbers and how to get mine is 0411 417411